- Staff and students should prominently display the respective university identity cards issued by the the Registrar’s Office.
- External Members should produce their library membership cards upon entering the library.
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the library.
- Library staffs on duty have the right to examine books, files and other materials which are being taken out of the library.
- Eating, drinking, or littering is strictly prohibited in the library. Smoking in the library is not permitted.
- Bags, helmets, umbrellas, rain coats and packages are not allowed in the library. Itshould be kept in the baggage room.
- Library users who disobey the COPYRIGHT ACT 1987 are fully responsible for any action liable under this act.
- Users are not allowed to use mobile phones whilst in the library.
- Reservation of a seat is not permitted. Other users have the right to have the seat if it is left vacant for more than 20 minutes.
- Users are not allowed to remove library furniture and equipment from their original location.
- The library has the rights to ask users whose behaviour may be deemed as disturbing the peace of the library to leave the premise.
- Children are not allowed in the reading area.
- Games of any kind are not allowed in the library.
- Pets are not allowed in the library.
- Users are not allowed to damage books or other library properties.
- Users who violate the library regulations will not be allowed to enter or use the library facilities and services.
- The library is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- The library reserves the right to amend these rules from time to time.
- Violation of these regulations could result in the following actions:
a) Expulsion from the library;
b) Denial of access to the library’s facilities or services;and
c) Referral to the Disciplinary Board for further action.